Published on August 23, 2012 by Mark Lowe · No Comments
On Monday 26th November, 2012, the Atlantis Ballroom at Atlantis the Palm, Dubai, will once again provide the platform for the region’s most exciting and coveted maritime shipping and maritime awards – the Seatrade Middle East & Indian Subcontinent Awards.
Counting down to prestigious Seatrade Awards
Now in their 9th year, these awards honour individuals, organisations and companies from across the region’s shipping industry.
Known as the ‘Oscars’ of the maritime world, the awards are presented at a glittering gala dinner attended by more than 750 of the who’s who of the region’s maritime and shipping industry.
The awards are judged by a 12-strong panel of esteemed international judges and also feature 4 special awards that are presented to individuals who have made exceptional contributions to the industry in the region and have dominated the headlines.
Seatrade Middle East & Indian Subcontinent Award winners in 2011
Seatrade Young Person of the Year, a new award for 2011, was awarded to Dr. Priyath Bandu Wickrama, Chairman, Sri Lanka Ports Authority.
Dr Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, Chairman, Abu Dhabi Ports Company and CEO, Masdar, was announced Seatrade Personality of The Year and Mr Sabyasachi Hajara, Chairman & Managing Director, The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd was awarded for The Seatrade Outstanding Achievement Award.
Jorn Hinge, President and Chief Executive Officer, United Arab Shipping Company (S.A.G.) was honoured with The Seatrade Lifetime Achievement Award for his commitment to the industry and in particular his last 18 years with UASC during which time, one of his greatest achievements has been overseeing the modernisation of the company’s fleet, currently standing at 58 vessels, with efficient, high quality and environmentally friendly tonnage.
- The Corporate Social Responsibility Award: The Shipping Corporation of India
- The Safety & Quality Award: Topaz Energy and Marine
- The Technical Innovation Award: Det Norske Veritas
- The Environment Protection Award: Nhava Sheva International Container Terminal PVT Ltd
- The Education & Training Award: The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd
- The Ship Repair/ Shipyard Award: Drydocks World – Dubai
- The Container Terminal Operator Award: DP World, UAE Region
- The Tanker Operator Award: Vela International Marine Ltd
- The Bulk Operator Award: Emarat Maritime
- The Ship Owner/Operator Award: Gulf Energy Maritime (GEM) PJSC
- The Port Authority Award: Ras Laffan Industrial City
- The Free Zone Authority Award: Bahrain Logistics Zone (General Organisation of Sea Ports, Bahrain)
- The Workboats Award: Topaz Energy and Marine
- The Classification Society Award: Det Norske Veritas
- The Ship Agent Award: Wilhelmsen Ships Service
- The Marine Insurance Award: General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC RE)
- The Ship Finance Award: Emirates Shipping Line
- The Marine & Offshore Services Award: P&O Maritime Services
- The Maritime Law Award: Fichte & Co, Legal Consultancy
- The Energy: Oil and Gas Award: Ras Laffan Industrial City
- The Ship Manager Award: Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (India) Pvt. Ltd
- Deal of the Year: Lamnalco Ltd
- Shipping Company of the Year: United Arab Shipping Company (S.A.G.) (UASC)
- Seatrade Young Person of the Year: Dr. Priyath Bandu Wickrama, Chairman, Sri Lanka Ports Authority.
- Seatrade Personality of the Year: Dr Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, Chairman, Abu Dhabi Ports Company and CEO, Masdar
- The Seatrade Outstanding Achievement Award: Mr Sabyasachi Hajara, Chairman & Managing Director, The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd
- The Seatrade Lifetime Achievement Award: Jorn Hinge, President and Chief Executive Officer, United Arab Shipping Company (S.A.G.)
For further information click here: Seatrade Awards
Tags: Dubai, maritime, seatrade awards, Seatrade Middle East & Indian Subcontinent Awards