Passenger Ship Safety
An increase in the level of sea traffic, coupled with the introduction of significantly larger vessels, means the likelihood, severity and consequences of an incident are in sharp focus. Continuing on from the success of our Naval Damage Control portfolio of events, PSS 16 will explore a variety of issues affecting the industry including power loss, fire risk and response, flooding, personal safety and technological innovations.
PSS 16 provides an international forum for ship operators and owners, Coast Guards, regulatory bodies, search and rescue organisations, flag state representatives, marine fire units and industry representatives to discuss feedback from recent incidents, current research projects and future requirements.
Key focus areas will include;
- Regulating and managing safety at sea
- Fire prevention and detection
- New builds – Demands to meet requirements
- Responding to a crisis
- Fire management
- Technological innovations in life-saving equipment
- Training and simulation for emergency management
Leading expert speakers from across the industry including:
- Master Mariner Francesco Casarini, Director Marine and Safety New Building Department, Carnival Corporation
- Andrew Winbow, Former Assistant Secretary-General and Director, Maritime Safety Division, International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- Mike Collier, Manager, Research and Projects, Carnival Corporation
- Robert Griffiths, Director of Technical and Regulatory Affairs, Design and Engineering, Cruise Line Industry Association (CLIA)