Diploma in Maritime Safety Law
Published on August 9, 2016 by jo.chuter · No Comments
The Diploma in Maritime Safety Law will improve your career prospects and your performance whilst demonstrating your professional credibility to employers, clients and peers.
You will learn about a wide range of maritime safety law issues and the implementation, application and enforcement of these in practice. So you can understand not only why there are certain procedures, but also the penalties for not adhering to these laws.
On completing this course, you will have a thorough understanding of:
- The role and responsibilities of the various institutional stakeholders and states in enforcing maritime safety law
- The four pillars of qualitative shipping: SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW and ILO MLC 2006
- The human element in maritime safety and relevant legal frameworks
- Maritime safety law in relation to communications and navigation
- How the carriage of dangerous goods is legislated for and the specifics of different ship types
- The ramifications of non-compliance in various safety laws
- The legal issues in maritime security and how they relate to safety