Recon & Surveillance event set
3rd Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance Technology returns to Rome in January 2018
SMi Reports: Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance Technology returns to London on 30th-31st January 2018 to maximise maritime situational awareness.
In light of current international challenges relating to climate change, piracy, and international migration, it is clear that that there are many activities both legal and illegal taking place in territorial waters and on the high seas. Following this maritime intelligence gathering and ISR capabilities have returned to the forefront of the defence industry. National maritime agencies are increasingly seeking to optimise their fleets and capabilities to address the challenges arriving from the surrounding seas. This can be illustrated in the multilateral coalition operation to address the migration crisis in the Mediterranean or with the Nordic response to climate change and the receding ice cap.
Against this back drop, Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance Technology will return to Rome once again in January 2018 to provide an interactive platform for the maritime community.
The 2018 conference promises to be the biggest yet, featuring focused discussion of emerging technologies, informative presentations and networking opportunities. With the aim of delivering clear and accurate maritime situational awareness, the conference will provide an unrivalled insight into the activity and priorities of military fleets, maritime authorities and industry experts that are at the forefront of innovation in the marine domain. The two-day programme will cover the core areas of maritime reconnaissance and surveillance in details, exploring the new and emerging ISR technologies and platforms, space-based surveillance systems, unmanned maritime systems and much more!
What’s new for 2018:
• Host Nation Officers Confirmed making this the most senior Maritime ISR meeting in Italy!
• Military Briefings from Italy, Denmark, Belgium, NATO, the European Union, and many others
• A unique focus on space-based maritime domain awareness for greater action at sea
• Real Solutions presented and offered within the Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance Technology exhibition
• Special briefing from Vice Admiral Clive Johnstone CB CBE, Commander Allied Maritime Command, NATO MARCOM
The notable speaker panel will include:
• Vice Admiral Clive Johnstone CB CBE, Commander Allied Maritime Command, NATO MARCOM
• Rear Admiral Nicola Carlone, Chief of Operations, Italian Coast Guard
• Rear Admiral Gianfranco Annunziata, 3rd Dept, Plans, Operations & Maritime Strategy, Italian Navy
• Rear Admiral Valter Zappellini, Chief of C4 and Security Department, Italian Navy
• Rear Admiral (LH) Piero Pelizzari, Head of ICT and Monitoring Systems, Italian Coast Guard
• Captain Onofrio Marco Frumusa, Navy General Staff, Aviation Department – Research and Programmes Office, Italian Navy
• Colonel Henrik Kanstrup, Helicopter Wing Karup, Royal Danish Air Force
• Captain Stefano Calvetti, Head of the Intelligence Office, Italian Navy
• Commander Frederick Van de Kerckhove, Staff Officer Requirements, Belgian Navy
• Mr. Emmanuel Ferreira-Coelho, Programme Manager, NATO STO-Centre for Maritime Research and Experimentation
• Lieutenant Commander Chad Kabatoff, Project Director – Polar Epsilon 2, DG Space, Canadian Armed Forces
• Guy Thomas, Director, C-SIGMA
• Dr. Dirk Siebels, PhD Researcher, Greenwich Maritime Centre
Importantly, in recognising the needs of maritime authorities to develop their space-based surveillance capabilities, Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance Technology have once again partner with space technology leader C-Sigma to deliver an exclusive pre-conference workshop. Guy Thomas, Director of C-Sigma will be hosting the workshop on “Improving International Collaboration in Space to Enhance Maritime Situational Awareness” taking place on 29th January.
For those who are looking to attend, there is a £400 early bird offer available online ending on the 29th September 2018.
Further information is available at online at: http://www.maritime-recon.com/msr
3rd Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance Technology
30th – 31st January 2018
Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter’s Hotel & Spa, Rome, Italy
Media: Contact Natasha Boumediene on email@example.com
Booking: Contact James Hitchen on firstname.lastname@example.org
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk