Border Security 2018
21-22 February 2018
Building on the success of last year’s sold-out event, SMi proudly invites you to attend the 11th annual Border Security Conference, as it returns to Rome on 21-22 February 2018.
With the migration crisis ongoing throughout the Mediterranean and mainland Europe, free-movement a critical and divisive focus of the BREXIT negotiations, as well as a new administration in the White House, Border Security 2018 promises to be more topical and relevant than ever before.
In addition, the conference will explore the surge in the development and application of biometric technology to achieve ‘seamless and autonomous’ border controls at land, sea and air.
This year’s agenda will bring insights from more international senior border security experts as they discuss the political and technological solutions being utilised to secure national borders. Hear from the likes of:
- Rear Admiral Gianfranco Annunziata, Deputy Head of Plans, Operations and Maritime Strategy Department, Italian Navy
- Vice-Admiral Luis Carlos de Sousa Pereira, Portuguese (PRT) Maritime Authority Director General and Commandant, Maritime Police, Portuguese Maritime Authority and Ministry of Defence
- Lee Bowes, Acting Deputy Associate Director, Immigration Records and Identity Services Directorate, US Citizenship and Immigration Services, US Department of Homeland Security
- Patrik Engstrom, Head of National Border Policing Section, Department of National Operations, Swedish National Bureau of Investigation
- John Vine CBE QPM, Former Chief Inspector of Border and Immigration, Borders and Immigration UK
- Paul Cross, Assistant Secretary Enterprise Biometrics, Identity and Biometrics Division, Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Patrick Nemeth, Director of Identity Operations Division, Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM), US Department of Homeland Security
- Dr Michael Rupp, Head of Operational Section 1- Civil Society, Fundamental Rights, Judiciary and Home Affairs, Delegation of the European Union to Turkey
- Ms Wilma van Dijk, Head of Safety, Security and Environment, Schiphol Airport
…and more! View the full list of speakers and their presentations here.
With aims of keeping you up-to-date with the latest updates and insights on this significant topic, theis year’s show will showcase:
- Operational case studies for securing the land, sea and air borders from Australia, Estonia, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, USA and more
- High level speakers from the US Department of Homeland Security and Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Briefings on how nations are implementing the latest biometric and data management capabilities including a peak at Australila’s Project Seamless Traveller, USA’sHART Programme, and EU Protect
This is just a snapshot of what you can expect at SMi’s Border Security 2018.
Early Bird: Book by 31st October to save £400. Book by 30th November to save £200. Book by 15th December to save £100