Registration Open for July 10 UK Royal Navy’s 1 Day Shipping Managers’ Course
This year’s Royal Navy’s One Day Shipping Managers’ Course will be held at The Chamber of Shipping, London on Wednesday 10th July 2019. Registration is currently open.
This one day course, free admission, is a one day summary of the key security elements of the twice-annual one week Royal Navy’s Maritime Engagement Forum (formerly the Merchant Navy Senior Officers’ course) but held in London with a focus on key current UK maritime security issues from representatives of pertinent organisations. It is aimed at the London shipping community with security interests who find themselves too busy to manage a full week away with the Royal Navy but can manage a single day in the City of London. You will access key speakers on high profile maritime security related topics and bring your situational awareness right up to date. Presentations on the following are proposed:
- The UK Chamber of Shipping – Introduction and the RN/MN Relationship. – Director of Policy David Balston
- Royal Navy – The Role of Your RN’s Merchant Navy Liaison Officer. – The RN’s Merchant Navy Liaison Officer Lt Cdr David Carter RNR
- Royal Navy -The Royal Navy’s Current Standing Commitments, Deployments and Future Aspirations. RN Headquarters NORTHWOOD. Maritime Security. Navy Commitments. Cdr John Garratt RN
- The Joint Maritime Operations Co-Ordination Centre – The New Cross Government Joint Approach to UK Border Coastal Maritime Security in the NMIC. – RNLO JMOCC NMIC Speaker TBC
- West Africa – Gulf of Guinea Piracy and Its Future Direction. A 2019 Update. –Speaker TBC
- The Arabian Gulf and Bab El Mandeb – An Update and Analysis on 2019 Tensions. – Speaker TBC
The Royal Navy offers the opportunity to spend an interesting day to meet and interact to bring the shipping industry and military capability in defence together. A theme of candid interaction is encouraged to let topical discussion and shared informed perspectives run to best effect.
For more information, and to register, please contact Lt Cdr David Carter MNM at firstname.lastname@example.org.