International Port Security Conference
The SMi Group is proud to announce the 7th annual International Port Security Conference. The event will be held in London on the 1st and 2nd of June 2016.
The conference aims to bring together key decision makers in the industry to discuss modern methods of port security and provide effective learning experiences for all delegates through the carefully selected expert speaker line up.
Interacting with delegates from across the globe and hearing from industry leading experts will ensure delegates are up-to-date with high priority information that enables you to best secure your seaports, civilians and means of trade.
Topics to be discussed include terrorism, cyber security, resolving external threats, optimisation of technological systems, regulatory systems and change and case studies featuring some of the busiest ports from across the world. Our diverse range of topics will allow delegates to learn best practices for port security and understand further how other ports are resolving core challenges.
Confirmed Speakers for 2016 include:
- Rear Admiral Paul F Thomas, Assistant Commandant for Prevention Policy, Inspections and Compliance, Marine Transportation Systems, and Commercial Regulations and Standards, USCG
- Randy Parsons, Director of Security, Port of Long Beach
- Emma Ward, General Manager Safety and Security, Port of Dover
- Chris Trelawny, Special Adviser to the Secretary-General on Maritime Security and Facilitation, IMO
- Captain Twalib Khamis, General Manager of Operations, Port of Mombasa
- Anderson Fagundes, Port Facility Security Manager, Port of Santos
- Dr Lars Stemmler, Head of International Projects, Bremenports
- David Galt, Port Security Officer, Port Security Authority – Liverpool & Manchester
- Chris Jones, Managing Director, Maritime Security Operations (MAROPS)
- Raymond Gibbons, Managing Director, Sentinel Maritime Limited
- Per Björnson, Chief Security Officer, Port of Helsingborg
- Major Spyridon Koletsis, Security Expert – Negotiator, (KEMEA), Ministry of Interior and Administrative Reconstruction (Greece)
- Professor Nikitas Nikitakos, Research Associate, Ministry of Interior and Administrative Reconstruction (Greece)
Benefits of attending 2016:
- A truly global event – Presentations from international ports across four continents so you can understand unique regional threats and resolutions
- Collaborate and network with fellow experts to understand what they are doing to ensure their ports are kept safe
- Hear regulatory updates from the IMO and how this will impact your port security operations
- Examine critical issues facing the port security landscape such as Cyber Security, Technology and Regulatory Developments
- Learn about emerging technologies and how these can be used to further secure your ports
- Interact with opinion leaders through a workshop addressing key challenges in the sector
HOW TO REGISTER:
Early bird offers available
Register online at: www.internationalportsecurity.com/marcsreview or contact Paul Deller on +44 (0) 20 7827 6194 or email firstname.lastname@example.org