BORDERPOL Confirm new speakers
BORDERPOL , the World’s Border Organization, announces the latest experts and border agency participation to the high profile conference, with new speakers participating in the inaugural conference in London this October talking about border protection issues and challenges.
BORDERPOL Confirm new speakers for October Conference
BORDERPOL , the World’s Border Organization, announce the latest experts and border agency participation to the high profile conference, with new speakers participating in the inaugural conference in London this October talking about border protection issues and challenges.
– Mr Doug McLellan, Assistant Director, Maritime and Aviation Operations, UK Border Force, UK
– Mrs. Irena Vojackavo-Sollorana, Director, Department of Migration Management, International Organization for Migration, Switzerland
– Ms Andreea Niculiu, Head of Service (Directorate) for European Affairs and International Relations , Border Police of Romania
– Mr Luis Gouveia, Borders Central Director, Immigration and Borders Service – Ministry of Interior Portugal
– Graham McIntyre , Chairman, National Security & Resilience Consortium and Director, Newman Spurr, UK
– Keith Best, Vice Chair of European Council for Refugees and Exiles and Chief Executive of Freedom from Torture, UK
With the new UK Immigration Minister, Mark Harper MP, and the new UK Head of Border Force, Tony Smith, also confirmed as keynote speakers, the conference is anticipated to deliver excellent thought provoking discussion and debate on the future of international border management and protection.
Tactics and Tools for Effective Border Management
The first BORDERPOL Annual Conference and Exhibition will bring together top border management policy makers, professionals, and academics on 16th & 17th October in London, UK, to deliberate current social and economic situations and assess their impact on national and international security. They will discuss and propose new ways to implement 21st century technologies that can improve border security and rejuvenate public support for waning global migration management systems.
Conference Topics include:
– Global Challenge on Policies of Refugee & Migration Movement
– Panel Discussion – Schengen Area – how effectively is it working?
– Future technological solutions for promoting safe and secure borders on the frontline and in cyberspace
– A strategic approach towards reducing public expenditure in border management and how intelligence-based and outsourced projects help assess threats and system vulnerabilities to deliver results
– Challenges of Border Management and Illegal Immigration in Asia and Downstream Effects in the West
– Information Sharing and Border Agency Cooperation
– Europe’s Frontiers – problems, challenges, solutions
A full conference programme and further information can be viewed at www.borderpol-event.org
BORDERPOL® – The World Border Organization, is a 21st Century global border security body dedicated to making international borders smarter and safer. Recognizing the need for the establishment of a global home to over 1000 border related services BORDERPOL was officially registered in March 2003 as a non-profit international association with Headquarters inCanada. BORDERPOL facilitates co-operation among likeminded border services and related agencies.
Guided by the BORDERPOL Constitution, members or observer of the BORDERPOL Exploratory Committee (BEXCOM), provide strategic management and general oversight of all BORDERPOL activities.
BEXCOM Members Organizations and Observers:
United Kingdom (UK Border Agency, Ports Police)
New Zealand (Department of Labour, Immigration Service)
Republic of South Africa (South African Police Service Border Division)
Hungary (National Police Service)
Peoples Republic of China (Public Security)
Norway (National Police Service)
Republic of Maldives (Department of Immigration and Emigration)
Singapore* (Immigration and Checkpoints Authority)
United States of America* (United States Border Patrol)
Azerbaijan*(State Border Guard Service)
Burundi (Ministry of Public Security)
Neil Walker, Events Director
For exhibition and sponsorship opportunities contact:
Tony Kingham, Communications Director
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8144 5934