MRQ launches OCTOPUS a web based matching platform where ship managers can select, match and contract qualified PMSCs to secure their transits through the HRA.
MRQ launches OCTOPUS a web based matching platform where ship managers can select, match and contract qualified PMSCs to secure their transits through High Risk Areas
MRQ (www.mrquality.de) is an established maritime risk management company and affiliate of Lampe & Schwartze, situated in Bremen, Germany.
Based on the tradition of Lampe & Schwartze, founded in 1858 MRQ benefits from the expertise, experience and a great network within the global maritime and insurance industry of its mother company.
MRQ is specialized in the assessment of maritime threats and risks and provides certification & vetting as well as risk-consulting to develop unique security relevant solutions such as the OCTOPUS matching platform.
OCTOPUS is a one-stop-service platform where shipping companies, charterers and ship managers are able to match their need of security, quality and cost efficiency by pitching a PMSC with the perfect match to their necessities.
Benefits and added values for MRQ clients and OCTOPUS user are:
– OCTOPUS provides clients with great cost saving potentials through an efficient and transparent „blind-auction“ system
– OCTOPUS implies high degree of legal certainty and secure contract documentation within a “close-shop”
– OCTOPUS provides clients with a high quality standard of vetted Private Maritime Security Companies as well as transparency concerning the performance of their operators while on board of a vessel.
– OCTOPUS leads to lean administration. Clients will save time – manpower and costs.
– OCTOPUS offers easy access and fast contracting on a certified secure IT platform
– OCTOPUS offers great business spread through 24/7 global access and reach
Cooperation partners of MRQ and OCTOPUS are Lloyd`s Register and Lloyd`s Register Quality Assurance (LRQA) especially when it comes to qualification and vetting of Private Maritime Security Companies (ISO 28007).
Further cooperation partner is the law firm Dabelstein & Passehl, Hamburg, who´s solicitors have a great inside concerning all piracy related aspects and are main legal partners of L&S and MRQ.
Source: Press release.
For more information on Octopus, please contact Marine Risk & Quality:
Phone: +49 421 59 07 140